2017 Husqvarna Motorcycles FE 350
Call for Price
The perfect balance between power, weight and ease-of-use! The epitomy of versatility, the FE 350's engine has delivery and throttle response similar to a FE 250, but with broad tractable 450 rivalling performance. For 2017, the engine weighs 0.7 kg less than the old design and is also 20 mm shorter. With improved performance, mass centralisation and weight reduction, ride-ability has progressed to new levels. The FE 350 features a new six-speed gearbox with specific wide-range enduro type gearing. A low-friction shifter fork coating assists with shifting precision, while a new gear sensor allows the engine management system (EMS) to select a specific engine map for each gear. The smart new gear-lever design prevents dirt build-up, springing back into position for perfect control.
- 42 mm throttle body: The FE 350 features an all-new 42 mm Keihin throttle body. The injector position is revised and placed to ensure the most efficient flow of fuel into the combustion chamber. Additionally, the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling while also saving 100g.
- Engine management system: The Keihin EMS is specifically designed to be smaller, lighter and faster at processing data. Together with the Keihin throttle body, the system provides quick and reliable data calculation ensuring the best performance is delivered in every condition.
- Gear position sensor: The FE 350 features a new 6-speed gearbox with specific wide-range enduro type gearing. The shifting fork now employs a special low friction coating to ensure smooth and precise shifting. A new gear sensor allows the EMS to deliver the optimal power delivery by selecting a specific engine map tailored for each gear.
- Electric starter: A standard electric starter guarantees easy starting. The FE 350 is fitted with a new starter motor made by Mitsuba and is combined with a new Li-Ion battery saving 1 kg over the previous conventional battery.
- Chromoly steel frame: While keeping the same successful geometry from MY 16, the hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems. The 6mm wider and 2 mm lower steel tubes offer 20% higher torsional rigidity while longitudinal stiffness is reduced by 30%. The increased torsional rigidity improves stability and agility while reducing the longitudinal stiffness creates increased flexibility for better bump absorption and suspension functionality. The new frame weighs only 8.8 kg making it 0.6 kg lighter than its predecessor.
- Composite carbon fibre subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna motorcycles showcasing pioneering technology and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30% carbon fibre making it remarkably light (1.4 kg) saving 1 kg over the previous design. Specific care is taken to create a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The FE 350 now features a new Magura hydraulic clutch system . The high quality German-made clutch system guarantees perfect modulation of the clutch in every condition. This means that the play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and the function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions and over time. The Magura clutch also features even wear characteristics and is nearly maintenance-free.
- Brembo brakes: Class-leading Brembo callipers and controls with high quality GSK discs deliver superior stopping power instilling confidence in all situations. For MY17, the rear brake calliper uses a smaller piston diameter 24mm instead of 26mm, coupled with a 10mm longer rear brake lever the system delivers improved modulation and feeling.
- WP Xplor 48: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is a completely new feature developed by WP Performance Systems specifically for enduro type riding. The forks consist of an open cartridge layout with a spring in each circuit and split damping functions. Compression can be adjusted from the left side and rebound on the right via clickers situated on the top of the fork tube. Additionally, with the standard pre-load adjuster, pre-load can be adjusted by the rider without the use of tools making the new system simple and easy to set up.
- WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. The new rear shock weighs only 3.7 kg which is 0.36 kg lighter than the previous version. With a pressure balance inside the shock, damping is improved resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the outer contour of the reservoir increases cooling. The component is also fully adjustable and matched to a linkage system with a specific geometry to deliver the best possible traction and absorption.
- CNC machined triple clamps: The 22 mm offset black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps offer premium quality and style standard on all Husqvarna enduro models. The triple clamps have been expertly crafted using superior techniques and materials to provide high levels of quality and reliability. A 2-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Wheels and tires: Black high-strength alloy rims by DID are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted to the wheels are Continental TKC80 tyres which offer superior grip on a wide variety of terrain.
- Engine: The new DOHC 350cc engine is second to none in terms of versatility. Sharing much of its architecture with the FE 250 engine, the FE 350 is delivers a significant boost of power and torque giving its lightweight character 450-rivalling power. The new design is now 20mm shorter and 0.7 kg lighter than its predecessor weighing in at only 28.5 kg with an electric starter.
- Crankshaft: The new crankshaft is not only stiffer but also features a shorter connecting rod. The shorter stroke allows the engine to rev more freely resulting in a quick and responsive power delivery. The plain big end bearing features two force-fitted bearing shells ensuring maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 135 hours.
- Crankcase: The crankcase is engineered to house the shaft arrangements at the ideal centre of gravity. The clutch shaft position has moved 11.1mm back and 26.9mm up making the engine 20mm shorter in total. The casings are manufactured using a high-pressure die cast production process, resulting in thin wall thickness while retaining exceptional reliability. The iconic Husqvarna logo adorns the bronze finished crankcase covers.
- Integrated cooling system: The radiators are expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems using high strength aluminium. CFD (computational fluid dynamics) is utilized to channel air through the radiators more efficiently and provide optimal cooling in all conditions. The cooling system is integrated into the frame increasing heat dissipation by channelling coolant through the frame while eliminating the need for additional hoses. Additionally, the radiator protectors do not only protect against flying debris but also act as a brace divert any energy from an impact around the radiator and into the frame.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 349.7 cm³
- Bore: 88 mm
- Stroke: 57.5 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 300 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Brembo twin-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Ground clearance: 370 mm
- Seat height: 970 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 8.5 L
- Weight without fuel: 109.3 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 349.7 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 x 57.5 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- Brembo twin-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Seat Height
- 970 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 L
- Dry Weight
- 109.3 kg
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.