2018 Honda CB500F
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Performance. Value. Versatility.
It’s our mission to connect riders with the right bike. And the Honda CB500F is a favorite of a wide range of riders—newbies included. It sports minimal bodywork, a classic riding position, a 30.9-inch seat height and a powerful, smooth twin-cylinder engine. The CB500F embraces the best of motorcycling, and delivers performance and versatility at a great price. Get on one and you’ll quickly discover that in the world of mid-sized streetbikes it doesn’t get much better than this.
Positioned For Success: The CB500F’s classic riding position lets you sit up straighter, without your weight on your arms, so it gives you a great field of vision when you’re riding around town or commuting. (You can always tuck in tighter when desired.) Plus, it delivers a comfortable ride for passengers, too.
Modern Style: The CB500F is designed to be timeliness yet forward-thinking, with a LED headlight and minimal bodywork. The result is a bike that looks exactly like a modern motorcycle should.
Perfection Is In The Details: The CB500F is all about the basics done perfectly. Just check out the adjustable front-brake lever, great shift feel, and crisp exhaust note.
- LED Headlight: The CB500F’s LED headlight gives the front end a cutting-edge look and also projects plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD blue-tinted screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500F’s 12-spoke cast-aluminum wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another CB500F feature that just makes sense.
- Unique Style: Less is more when it comes to the CB500F. With its classic, clean, progressive style, the CB500F is a motorcycle that looks great while still providing incredible value and performance.
- Step Seat: The CB500F offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or out in the canyons, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CB500F’s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CB500F engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, nine-stage preload, and 4.7 inches of travel give you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): PGM-FI continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- Rear Grips: Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
- Trim Exhaust: The CB500F’s compact exhaust system is a perfect example of the bike’s overall philosophy. It’s compact, it looks great, and it sounds awesome too, with a crisp exhaust note you’re going to love.
- Engine Type: 471cc Liquid-Cooled Parallel-Twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg. (caster angle)
- Trail: 102 mm (4.01 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Curb Weight: 414.4 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride)
- Model ID: CB500F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Candy Blue/Matte Black
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240 mm disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 102 mm (4.01 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 414.4 lb.
- Candy Blue/Matte Black