2018 KTM 250 XC
Save $1,000.00 now until 10/20/2018
- UPDATED WP AER 48 front fork with a sophisticated air spring design and separate damping for easy adjustment to any track condition, rider weight or skill level. A new setting improves damping.
- UPDATED rear suspension damping settings are perfectly matched to the WP AER 48 front fork
- UPDATED 38mm Mikuni TMX carburetor settings for smoother and more controllable power delivery. The carburetor body has also been turned 7° to reduce fuel overflow.
- NEW CDI control unit for improved starting. Ignition curves remain unchanged.
- NEW radiator guards provide better airflow in muddy conditions.
- The 249 cc engine features a compact shaft arrangement for better mass centralization.
- Cylinder with twin-valve controlled power valve for smooth power that can be adjusted within seconds for different track conditions.
- Lateral counter balancer reduces engine vibrations for less rider fatigue at the end of the moto.
- Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability.
- Lightweight Chromoly steel frame provides high torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent handling and energy absorption.
- Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
- KTM’s “No Dirt” footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct positionSuper lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, Giant rims and Dunlop GEOMAX AT81 tires
- Airbox and filter design provides maximum performance with fast “no tools” air filter changes
- “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition
- Off-road specific additions such as hand guards, a side stand and a 18” rear wheel ensures the 2018 KTM 250 XC is Ready to Race
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 66.4/72.0 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter / Electric Starter / 12V, 3Ah
- Transmission: 6 Gears, semi-close ratio
- Fuel System: Mikuni TMX 38 Carburetor
- Lubrication: Premix 60:1
- Primary Ratio: 26:73
- Final Drive: 13:50
- Cooling: Liquid Cooling
- Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
- Ignition: Kokusan
- Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
- Subframe: Aluminum
- Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22mm
- Front Suspension: WP Suspension AER 48 USD Ø 48mm
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock 5018 BAVP DCC with Linkage
- Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 mm / 12.2 in.; 300 mm / 11.81 in.
- Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 10.24 in.; 220 mm / 8.66 in.
- Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21 in. / 2.15 x 18 in. Giant
- Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21 in. / 110/90-18 in. Dunlop AT81
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Silencer: Aluminum
- Steering Head Angle: 26.1 deg.
- Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
- Wheelb.ase: 1,485mm ± 10 mm / 58.5 ± 0.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 370mm / 14.6 in.
- Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in.
- Tank Capacity, Approx: 10 L / 2.6 gal.
- Weight (without fuel), Approx: 98.4 kg/ 216.7 lb.
- Engine Type
- Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 66.4 x 72.0 mm
- Fuel System
- Mikuni TMX 38 Carburetor
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension AER 48 USD Ø 48mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP Monoshock 5018 BAVP DCC with Linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Dry Weight
- 216.7 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.6 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 14.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in.
- 6 Gears, semi-close ratio
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.